Microblading Policy and Aftercare
Preparation before Appointment
- Consultation is required for all permanent makeup.
- No other person or animal is allowed to be in the room during procedures.
- Please arrive early to allow time for checking in and filling out paperwork. Prepare yourself by relaxing with our selection of refreshments.
- Please avoid the consumption of alcohol, caffeine, fish oil, and blood-thinning medications (ie. aspirin) 24 hrs before any semi-permanent makeup or MTS services. If you are unsure of any products you have been using or consuming it is the responsibility of the client to bring these to the technicians attention prior to starting services.
- Do not drink coffee, tea, alcohol, or energy drinks on the day of treatment.
- Do not use retinol/retinoids, Botox, topical acne medications, and strong AHA/BHA 48-72 hrs prior to the procedure.
- Fix and/or wash the respective areas before treatment, for best results you will not be able to have direct contact with water 7 days after treatment.
Booking, Canceling or Reschulding Appointment
- Deposit is required to secure procedure appointments. You can book it through the website 'book now' page. Please note these are non-refundable, and all services are final. The remaining balance is owed at the time of the procedure.
- Your time is precious to us so we ask that you consider ours as well and notify us of any changes or cancellations at your earliest convenience. Please note our 48hr cancellation policy (50% late cancellation and 100% for no show) for all of our spa/procedure services.
- No call, No show will have to pay in full to book the future dates.
- Calling or texting to let us know you are running late is appreciated and we will try our best to accommodate but we cannot guarantee services can be provided.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment(s) it may be canceled, or a late fee of $15 will be charged for every 15 minutes that has elapsed. The late fee will be collected once the service has been rendered.
- Rates are subject to change without notice & are non-negotiable. We reserve the right to refuse service.
- Tipping of staff is appreciated (industry standard of 20% of services) if you are happy with your visit.
- Accepted forms of payment: Cash, Square Cash App, Venmo, Zelle, and Check only.
- For all credit card transactions through the website, a transaction of 5% will apply on the day of service(procedure).
- There are no refunds for services but we will try our best to remedy any unsatisfactory results or experiences.
- Results May Very
- Initial procedures will take from 60-90 minutes and second appointments take 30-60 minutes, times may vary depending on the individual and the area being treated.
- Products we used for the procedures are the professional high-grade brand, Disposable and FDA Tested/approved such as Harmony blades, Li pigments and I love ink made in the USA.
- We put a lot of thought into customizing and meeting the needs of each experience you have with us so procedure time on our service menu is approximate, please understand that it can take a little more or less time than listed.
Second Touch-up Require Complete the Procedure
- Although we aim to provide service at the highest standard, every individual is unique in their own way so we cannot guarantee results. It is important to remember that this is a two-part process and the second touch-up will complete the procedure.
- Some clients will require additional touch-ups to fill in missing hairs, lengthen hairs, or achieve a more intensive color. The full result will not be apparent until the client has completely healed.
- All clients that have semi-permanent makeup or lash extensions done elsewhere will be treated and charged as first-time clients.
- Touch-up appointments will be subject to the availability of the technician’s schedule.
- Technicians will do their best to meet the 4-6 week time frame recommended for complimentary touch-up appointments, so it is recommended to book these in advance. If an appointment is rescheduled by the client and does not meet the complimentary time frame, touch-up fees will apply.
- After the semi-permanent make-up procedure, it is natural for swelling to occur.
- Colors may appear darker immediately following the procedure. Pigments usually scab after 3-5 days. Allow the scab to flake off naturally. DO NOT pick, rub, or cleanse the area with soap or cleanser for 7 days. As the healing progresses, colors will soften to its true color.
- We recommend lightly rinsing your face and showering with low-pressure water after the first 7 days. After 7 days, you can use a gentle soap or non-greasy cleaner to keep your brows or treated areas clean.
- To ensure the hair stroke lines stay as thin as possible, do not allow direct contact with water for the first 7 days. Water, sweat, and oil on hair stroke lines can blur/ thicken the appearance of the lines.
- No heavy workouts for 10 days. Avoid sweating.
- It is normal for colors to fade up to 20-40%. Touch-ups are recommended after 4 - 6 weeks and no longer than 8 weeks.
- Apply ointment sparingly to treated areas twice a day for the first 2-3 days following the procedure.
- Avoid Petroleum Jelly or Vaseline during your healing period. Anything with a petroleum base can cause a reaction, crusting, scabbing, and sweating so the skin is not able to breathe.
- If itching occurs, Bactine is recommended as it will disinfect the area. Bactine contains lidocaine and benzalkonium chloride.
- If necessary, an appointment for a retouch can be scheduled 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure at no extra charge.
- Do not soak the treated area in a hot tub or swimming pool for 10 days post-treatment.
- No sunbathing, tanning, chemical peels, mesotherapy, dermabrasion, Botox or any other intense treatments for 4 weeks post-treatment.
- WARNING: Chlorine, exfoliation creams, and exposure to the sun will cause colors to fade.
- Failure to follow post-procedure instructions may cause loss of pigment, discoloration, or infection.